In November 2018, when Beverley Schafer was appointed Minister for Economic Opportunities and Agriculture in the Western Cape Government, she narrowed her focus towards creating pathways for youth to access job opportunities, and towards developing small businesses and entrepreneurs that would grow the South African economy. Many lessons were learned in the process.
Beverley has honed her knowledge and is passionate about:
• green energy;
• medicinal cannabis;
• blockchain technology and innovation; and
• foreign-direct investment opportunities.
Other notable government and parliamentary positions of Beverley’s have led to her acquiring skills beyond the pale in the workings of government and business in our region, include:
• councillor in local government on the Tourism, Marketing and Events portfolio;
• member of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament;
• standing committee chairperson of the Committee for Economic Opportunities; and
• member of the Environmental Affairs and Planning Committee.
Looking for a keynote or conference speaker? Beverley is your ideal go-to person, as she is highly equipped to showcase her knowledge of good governance, policy, and experience within the political environment. She is regarded among many businesses as being a highly skilled & knowledgeable business advisor.
#bridgingbusiness #showcasingopportunities #keynotespeaking #conferencespeaking